Wednesday, June 15, 2016

In A Fog

I have to admit that when we go somewhere as a family, I always let my husband drive. I feel safer with him behind the wheel. Especially when the weather is not so good, or it is dark outside.

Once I had to drive myself when it was real foggy out. Everything was gray and murky, and I was real nervous. I hated the fact that I could not see the next corner or the oncoming traffic until I was right on top of it. I know that if I just stay in my lane and drive an appropriate speed, that everything will probably be alright. But my knuckles where white with me gripping the steering wheel.



Life is like that sometime. Just gray, and murky. We know the destination that we want to head to, but the pathway is uncertain. You feel alone, and you wish someone else would just take the wheel.

When life is like that, we have to remind ourselves that the destination is known. We have been given a map. It's called the Bible. All we have to do is keep it between the lines, and drive at an appropriate speed.

I don't think I buy into the notion that Jesus is the one at the wheel, and we are just along for the ride. We are in a world where we are definitely the ones with our hands on the wheel and our foot on the gas. But somewhere deep inside is that still small voice that is telling us, it's going to be alright. Just follow the path I have given you, and drive an appropriate speed.

Slow is a speed. And sometimes that is what it takes. Slow and steady. White knuckle that wheel, if you are scared. It's OK to be nervous and scared. But do so knowing that the pathway is sure, and soon enough, we will come out of that fog bank.

“We don’t yet see things clearly. We’re squinting in a fog, peering through a mist. But it won’t be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright! We’ll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!”
‭‭1 Corinthians‬ ‭13:12‬ ‭MSG‬‬

“GOD makes his people strong. GOD gives his people peace.”
‭‭Psalm‬ ‭29:11‬ ‭MSG‬‬

PRAYER:
Daddy God, I love you. I want to walk and talk with you everyday. I know some days I feel like I am in a fog. I just have to remind myself that in the times when I feel all alone, that you are right there guiding my steps. Lord, I ask that you send your healing touch to all that are sick and afflicted. Heal their bodies and help them keep their minds focused on you. You are an amazing, Father. You are always there to comfort and heal. I trust you and know you are working on my behalf. Let all that all I do and say glorify your name. Amen!!!