Tuesday, June 21, 2016

The Bigger Picture Doesn't Need To Concern You Just Yet

If you give me a job, I am the type of person that wants to know why I am doing it. What is the bigger picture? If I am responsible for making this widget, I would like to know where that widget goes, and how it works with all of the other widgets in the system. Some people are comfortable in showing up at work, doing their task, and going home. Not me. I want to know why I am doing that task and how it fits in with the bigger picture.


When it comes to a relationship with God, however, He does not roll like that. He does not want backseat drivers, and he does not need you know why He wants you to do something. He wants obedience and trust. He will reveal the bigger picture in due time. His time. Not yours. He wants you to trust Him.

He does have a plan. You are a part of it. You will see how in due time. For now, just put your head down and do the task He has set before you.

Calling the crowd to join his disciples, he said, “Anyone who intends to come with me has to let me lead. You’re not in the driver’s seat; I am. Don’t run from suffering; embrace it. Follow me and I’ll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, my way, to saving yourself, your true self. What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you? What could you ever trade your soul for?
Mark 8:36-37 MSG
Daddy God, I love you. Thank you, for leading and directing my path. Lord, when I try to take the lead remind me that you are in control. That you love me and that you are always working on my behalf. Lord, I ask that you bless and prosper our lives. We give our all to you. I just ask that you heal and restore all that read this. We praise and adore your holy name.  Amen!!