Monday, June 13, 2016

Testing The Limits

Many times before we actually commit to buy something, the creators and sellers encourage us to test their products. For instance, I saw a mattress company say that you can test out their mattress for 100 nights. If you fail to love it, they will give you a full refund and pay for shipping. That is a pretty good guarantee.


Wouldn't it be nice if everything was like that? Imagine test driving a car for over 3 months. Or a house? Imagine going back to your mortgage company and telling them you want to give the house back and get a full refund including closing costs because the house was not quite what you expected.

Any time I see a company offer incredible guarantees, I can't help think, they must really be sure of what they are selling.

Did you know God is like that? He actually encourages us to test His love out and see if it is not everything He says it is.

My response is to get down on my knees before the Father, this magnificent Father who parcels out all heaven and earth. I ask him to strengthen you by his Spirit—not a brute strength but a glorious inner strength—that Christ will live in you as you open the door and invite him in. And I ask him that with both feet planted firmly on love, you’ll be able to take in with all followers of Jesus the extravagant dimensions of Christ’s love. Reach out and experience the breadth! Test its length! Plumb the depths! Rise to the heights! Live full lives, full in the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:17 - 19

God put a lot into the manufacturing process of His love to make it the best it can be. He did it through His son Jesus Christ. We are encouraged to test it out and see just how far it goes. God placed a guarantee so big on his love, that it cost him His Son. And Jesus gladly proved His love for us, because a relationship with you is worth so very much to him.

PRAYER:
Father God, we long to live for you. In your grace and glorious strength we give all we are to you. Bless all your children. Give them your strength in their bodies. Let us walk in abundance and feel your spirit lead us. We long to worship and praise you. Lord, give your revelation to my spirit that I may understand and go deeper with you. I love you, and want to walk in your word in all I do and say. Teach me to understand what you are saying and how your word can show me how to live my life in the fullness of you. We give you glory for you are truly amazing. Amen!!